Zoe Lucille and Oliver Stephen!

Following the life of our little girl, and our new little boy!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

2nd Day Alone!

Today was the second day that Zoe and I were all by ourselves since Eric went back to work and the aunties left. Both days were good. Yesterday Zoe and I ventured out to the "Mommy and me" movie day in Barrhaven. I thought we weren't going to be able to go as Zoe was having a major freak out when we were suppose to be on the road, but I burped her and she was fine! We met up with Connie and her baby Xander, who is 8 days older then Zoe. Zoe actually stayed awake for the previews and then went to sleep for the majority of "The Break Up." The movie theatre was packed with mommies and babies of all ages. It was a great outing and we will definitely do it again. They have it once a week usually around 1:00pm. They even set up 2 changing stations and provide diapers and wipes.
Today a photographer came over to take 12 shots of Zoe. I had entered my name into something at the Barrhaven baby show so we got a free sitting fee and we will get a free 8 X 10 when the pictures are ready in 8 - 10 days. She is awake in all the shots and some of them are going to be really neat. He had her sitting in some of the photos and others with her arms crossed under her chin. She wasn't overly impressed being a model, mostly because I had to wake her out of a sound slumber to have her pictures taken. But he was fast it only took about 30 minutes and then she went soundly back to sleep.
We were supposed to have a midwife appointment today but the midwife was called away to a birth so our appointment is tomorrow at 1:45pm. She will be weighed and measured. I can't believe she will be a month old on Friday! Grandma Dianne and Grandpa John will be arriving that day. We may attempt to stay overnight at the cottage on Saturday, we haven't fully decided yet.
Zoe is very good at night and has been since we brought her home. She has a longer stretch at first for about 3.5 - 5 hours then a shorter one - she always wakes at 6:30am, probably to make sure Daddy gets up for work! The other day we stayed in bed on and off until 11:00am it was great.
I'll update after our appointment tomorrow because I am sure she has gained weight since last week and I am sure she is a lot longer then when she was born!