Zoe Lucille and Oliver Stephen!

Following the life of our little girl, and our new little boy!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Month Gone Already

Zoe turned 1 month old on the 16th and it is like she is a whole new baby! She needs to nurse a lot less frequently and can keep herself content longer then 5 minutes! Last night she slept for almost 5 hours even though she had not eaten a whole lot before bed, I could not believe it and I actually woke up before she did!
Grandma Dianne and Grandpa John came into town yesterday and were overjoyed to see Zoe, hold her and give her a bath. We decided not to go out to the cottage tonight mainly because we would need to bring to muc
h stuff for her. Her favourite thing in the world right now is the exercise ball which we have named the "magic ball", mainly because it is just that. She can be crying and you just sit on there and start bouncing away and she either becomes content immediately or she drifts off to sleep. It really is a god sent.
I say she has turned into a new baby because it seems like she got old overnight she can sit on your lap and look around and she is smiling and making cooing noises, it really is incredible. She laughs as she drifts off to sleep sometimes I can not wait until she laughs while she is awake.

Dianne brought a whole suitcase of gifts for Zoe from ladies she works with and they are all wonderful! Mostly clothes that will fit her when she is older and some great books.

Zoe slept in her crib 2 days ago for almost 2 hours; of course I had my ear to the monitor the whole time! But she knows when she is hungry and wakes up whimpers a bit then cries, I try to get her before she full out wails because it makes it more difficult to calm her down to eat. She can switc
h from breast to bottle with no troubles at all and Grandpa John fed her yesterday and she could not be more content. She seems to love Grandma Dianne a lot and she is very good at soothing her.

As I type this Zoe is sound asleep in her swing and has been there for about an hour, a nice break for mom!

Here is a picture of her with Grandpa John.

We nicknamed the sign she is making as "baby power!"